7 Vampire Diaries Season 4 Spoilers Revealed
When The Vampire Diaries returns for Season 4 there will be some big changes! We’ll see rekindled friendships, new characters, return of old characters and more! At a recent panel, executive producer Julie Plec dished on the upcoming season and shared all kinds of info on Season 4. Check it out!
1. Stefan will get closer to Caroline during Elena's transition: "Caroline is an acolyte of the Stefan school of sobriety so to speak, so she's going to be all, 'I'm with you buddy, I'm on your team' as they try to help Elena," Plec said. "I remember saying in Episode 203 when Stefan takes Caroline under his wing that the two of them and their chemistry was so delightful... It's such a pleasure to watch." She added that in the long run Caroline will be very important in Stefan’s life, like Lexi was.
2. Caroline and Matt may rekindle their romance: Even though Caroline is totally in love with Tyler right now, Plec said, "I think Caroline and Matt [Zach Roerig], in the long run of the series, will have another moment."
3. We finally meet Bonnie's dad: "It's time!" Plec said when asked about Bonnie’s dad. "This year is a big year of transitions. It's the end of senior year, and there's a rich home life for everybody we're going to explore."
4. Will Joseph Morgan be back as Klaus? Plec was asked about this tweet and if that meant the real Klaus was returning. "I actually can't say," she said. We haven't broken [down] the script yet, so it remains to be seen how long we'll play Tyler as Klaus."
5. Alaric might be back: "As long as Jeremy can see ghosts and Alaric is out there in the universe, then there's a window there," Plec said. "The moment in the end of the finale when he shows up broke every rule in the book, but I didn't care. For us it was more important for us to give Matt Davis and Alaric that last goodbye to say, 'Yes, he was the bad guy for the last few episodes, but here he is in that Obi-Wan kind of way.'"
6. Damon will continue to grow: Plec noted that Damon has evolved the past two season. "This is a reminder that Damon is a character that started in a very dark place, but with a lot of love and emotion brewing under him," Plec said. "All of our characters, including his own brother, had to witness his evolution as a person and he has done some really extraordinarily shitty things, but he has also done them in the name of love, pain, abandonment, self-preservation, survival and family. He's going to keep evolving and Elena's feelings for him are going to continue to evolve."
7. There will be a lot of excitement: Writer Jose Molina, who was also on the panel, teased fans in a big way. "We have the road map for next season and before we broke for vacation, I was staring and looking at everything we have planned and this stupid grin spread over my face," he said. "I was like, 'They are going to shit' Already we have so many moments where people are going to freak."
What are you hoping to see when The Vampire Diaries returns in the fall for Season 4?