How to Be a Vampire: A Fangs-On Guide for the Newly Undead
How to Be a Vampire: A Fangs-On Guide for the Newly Undead by Amy Gray is a new book that’s coming out soon. This vamp book will be released November 10, 2009 and it’s one of many books I am so looking forward to. The book just looks like such a fun read. Here, check out the awesome book description…
Welcome to the world of the undead! A comprehensive guide to the vampire lifestyle quenches newcomers’ thirst for lore — and tasteful tips.
For those who join the decadent realm of the vampire, eternal life holds juicy perks — charm and strength, shape-shifting and flying, telepathy and super-powered senses. But then again, one becomes . . . so terribly hungry. Is there an etiquette for feeding without causing a scene? How do you set up your crypt? What supernatural foes will make your blood run colder? In this elegant, edgy resource, the newly immortal will find everything they need to know, including:
- - a quiz to determine your true vampire persona
- - ways to turn into a vampire — or when a kiss is not just a kiss; and why you should take a look at your family tree
- - a transformation checklist, including canine teeth and UV sensitivity
- - a makeup and fashion guide to looking damned good (or just damned)
- - knowing your weaknesses, from garlic, stakes, and sunlight to a n obsession with counting
- - 10 signs that your boyfriend is a vampire, including super coolness (body temperature-wise) and a habit of sleeping in
- - a field guide to vampiric variations around the world and through history
I think it sounds hilarious and entertaining. I’m a sucker for amusing quizzes and makeup tips, plus I love me some vampire lore and it looks like this book even has that. I’m most definitely picking this one up when it comes out.