New BloodRayne Game Trailer Revealed!
YES! They have finally made a new BloodRayne video game! After years and years of waiting for a new game but getting nothing but terrible movies instead I was beginning to lose hope, but at long last, Rayne is back in a brand new game.
BloodRayne: Betrayal doesn’t come out for a few more months but the trailer was recently released, and well, it’s got everyone talking, and not all of it is good talk. Why? Because this new game isn’t a full blown BloodRayne game, it’s a low-budget game only available for download on Xbox Live Arcade and the Playstation Network. Grrr. I wanted a new Rayne game, but I wanted a top-quality, 3D masterpiece, not this.
Check out the trailer below to see what Betrayal is all about:
Ok, I enjoy 2D side-scrollers and this looks like a damn good one, but really, BloodRayne is SO much better than this! This is just so far downhill from the previous two games, it's really disappointing.
Anyway, according to the official website:
“The original video game femme fatale, Rayne, has returned to battle and feed in a brand new hack ‘n slash adventure. Slay ghastly enemies as Rayne, the sexy dhampir with superhuman strength, speed, and agility, recruited by the vampire hunting Brimstone Society for one last mission. The target is a lavish, yet sinister ball in a secluded castle with plenty of dark and gruesome surprises. With the help of a mysterious friend, and members of Brimstone, Rayne must infiltrate the manor, take out the fiendish horde, and stop an evil master plot once and for all.”
- Kill evil vampire scum in 15 challenging levels across multiple unique acts, including: The Forest, The Attic and The Freaky Ballroom.
- Meet new characters along the way including a mysterious shape shifter.
- Feed on enemies and refuel your blood reserves in gruesome new ways including the Blood Fountain.
- Solve environmental puzzles including Blood Seal, Grinder Switch and Rising Blood Tower.
- Punishing combat skills deliver Rayne’s intense brutal fatalities:
- Infection: Enemy vampires bloat and explode when triggered.
- Heel Stomp: Instant-kill enemies after laying them out.
- Drain: Bite and drain your enemy’s blood to restore your health.
- Full arsenal of lethal weapons including Rayne’s signature arm blades and super guns.
- Battle a variety of new enemies and deadly bosses including Flying Parasites, Blood Balloons, Elite Guards and more!
Ok, as cool as all of that sounds, I’d still prefer a real Bloodrayne game, one that picks up where the second game left off. That’s what I want. What about you? What do you guys think of the upcoming BloodRayne: Betrayal?