Thoughts on True Blood Season 5 Finale ‘Save Yourself’
The Season 5 finale of True Blood has come and gone, and damn was it one bloody episode. “Save Yourself” was just as action-packed and violent as fans were expecting and it definitely ended the season on a deadly note.
“Eric embarks on a final, desperate mission to overthrow the Authority – and save Bill from losing his humanity. Andy faces the consequences of a light pact he made; Alcide readies for a second showdown with J.D.; Sam and Luna test their limits in trying to escape the Authority.”
Ok, so, the season finale was surprisingly funny at times and super entertaining… but, it didn’t feel like a finale, it felt like just another episode. Nothing was concluded in this episode, we didn’t get a finish of any kind. Luna and Sam are still trapped and Luna may be dead, Andy is left with four babies, Jason is still all kinds of stupid, there was zero mention of Warlow…etc. There was no conclusion to the season’s events. We didn’t end with one big cliff hanger likes shows usually have, but with countless cliffhangers. Grrr! Bill being some kind of powerful blood god sets next season up nicely. But, Season 6 is also going to have to finish up on everything this season has left behind. Will Season 6 even have its own plotlines or will it just have to go with what was done in 5?
Anyway, here is a list of some of the things I liked in this episode and some of the things I didn’t like:
- Russell is FINALLY dead! Yay! And he didn’t take down anymore of my beloved faeries before he went. Go Eric!
- Maurella going into labor. Her and everyone else during the birthing scene were hilarious. Poor Andy though, he now has four little girls to take care of.
- Alcide taking over the pack.
- The big bad Authority bloodbath! Yay for killing them off!
- Sookie and Jessica’s reaction to Pam and Tara kissing. I laughed so hard.
- The werewolves and V drama. Old old old.
- Jason going crazy with the vampire killing.
- Luna! NoOOOoo!
- Some of the special effects were so bad.
What were your thoughts on the Season 5 finale? Are you looking forward to Season 6 (which HBO has confirmed)?