True Blood’s In the Beginning
We are officially over halfway through Season 5 of True Blood. Aww. The most recent episode, "In the Beginning," was one hell of a ride and was the start of some big changes in the world of vampires. Check out my thoughts on the episode below and feel free to share your own in the comments section.
"As Sookie embraces her human side, she considers a life without her faerie powers. Salome shows just where her true allegiance rests. Sam uses his sense of smell to locate the shooters. Alcide gets ready for a fight. Lafayette searches for Jesus' body. Hoyt finds himself a new group of friends."
Overall, I wasn’t happy with the episode. I liked the sweet emotional moments, but that was it. Everything else felt like a giant step back. The vampires taking a giant step backwards with their new way of living, the werewolves taking a step back with the V stuff all over again, Jason and Jessica’s relationship taking a giant leap backwards… etc. It was all disappointing.
Here are the moments I liked and disliked:
- Sam sniffing and rolling around. It made me smile and the silliness of it all.
- Alcide’s abs. I will never stop liking that.
- Arlene and Holly’s heart to heart and the wedding video. It was so sweet.
- Bill riding Eric piggyback.
- Hoyt! He is pissing me off non-top lately. I can’t stand his character anymore. I hope they just kill him off.
- Tara dancing up on the pole. It wasn’t even remotely sexy… just awkward.
- The death of Dieter, the member of the Authority who had his head ripped off by Russell. All of this Authority drama is frustrating.
- The vampires getting high off of Lilith’s blood. That got an eye roll out of me.
- Lafayette having his lips sewn shut.
- The werewolves and the V nonsense. We already had this storyline in another season.
- Sookie trying to get rid of her powers.
- The massacre at the wedding party.
What did you think of the episode?