Your Thoughts on The Vampire Diaries ‘Stand by Me’
Another heart wrenching episode of The Vampire Diaries has come to pass. Episode 4.15 "Stand by Me" picks up where all of the doom and gloom left off in the previous episode. So many horrible things happened in that episode and "Stand by Me" managed to be even more depressing. Check out my thoughts on the episode below and please share your own.
"THE TERRIBLE TRUTH — When Stefan arrives back in Mystic Falls with Elena and Jeremy, Caroline is immediately worried about Elena’s state of mind. Stefan reaches out to Dr. Fell and Matt for help. Still on the island, Damon relays somber news to Rebekah, and is surprised at her reaction. Together, Damon and Rebekah learn an unexpected bit of recent history from Vaughn. Everyone is horrified when Bonnie reveals the rest of Shane’s plan. Finally, after Damon does his best to help her, Elena comes up with a plan of her own."
Most depressing episode ever. I actually teared up a few times. I didn’t think the show would allow Jeremy to die, but they did, and it was heartbreaking. The house burning down just added to the sadness. Now everything is gone, everything – Elena’s family, her old life, her memories, her emotions, her journals, her humanity – all gone. The house burning down was such a final move, a big one for the show. I wonder where everything will go from there. Elena has shut everything off so I can’t even guess what the show has planned for her next.
Here are a few things I liked and didn’t like.
- Rebekah showing remorse for Elena losing her only family. She’s not so bad.
- Matt serving a purpose in an episode. It was tiny, and only like a minute long, but he actually helped Elena with her pain. Usually Matt is just a victim.
- Vaughn’s sexy accent.
- The smell of Jeremy’s decomposing body.
- Hayley is back in the picture! Ugh! I hate her.
- Bonnie being so easily manipulated.
- The plan to bring everyone back. Holy stupid plan Batman!
- Silas taking Shane’s form. That was really predictable. I think most of us guessed it was Silas before it was revealed.
What did you think of the episode?