The Vampire Diaries is back again for its second season and the fans are going crazy for their favorite show, as they should because come on, the show rocks! So this one is for all of our Vampire Diaries fans out there – what are five things you absolutely love about the Vampire Diaries? Let us know in a comment below!
Here’s my list:
1. Vampires! Ok ok, this is an obvious one. But I LOVE vampires and a show about vampires gets 100 awesome points. Actually, I love all supernatural things and Vampire Diaries has not only vampires but witches and werewolves too. So Vampire Diaries gets 1000 awesome points.
2. Many may not know this, but most of the cast members on the Vampire Diaries are huge do-gooders. Philanthropy is a big thing with these guys, which is something I have never ever seen from another show before. If you follow their twitter you’ll see how important it is to them that our world and all the living things in it are taken care of. Ian Somerhalder constantly fights to save our waters, animals and people. Same with Candice Accola, Nina Dobrev and the others. They make a huge difference by helping out charities and voicing their concerns. You may wonder why this makes me love the Vampire Diaries more, but for me, knowing how caring the cast is makes me want to support the show even more.
3. The cast is gorgeous! I swear, if there was award for the sexiest cast the Vampire Diaries would win hands down. The women are all flawlessly beautiful, and the men, mmm mmm, sexy as hell. Every shirtless scene with Damon or Stefan leaves me drooling. Those boys should be shirtless in every episode. Even with clothes on they’re hot, I mean, have you seen the season two promo photos (if not check out the gallery below)?
4. On top of looking good, the cast is full of incredibly talented actors. There’s nothing worse than watching a show with awful acting, but the Vampire Diaries nailed it. Take Nina Dobrev for example, she not only plays Elena but Katherine as well. Two very different characters and she has done an amazing job getting each one right. Then there’s Ian Somerhalder who blows me away every time he is on screen. The tortured Damon isn’t easy to portray, but Ian captures every moment perfectly – from the sinister and sexy scenes to the heartbreakingly sad and deep ones. I could go on and on, but every cast member gives an excellent performance.
5. The show has a diverse storyline, which I think is great. You’ve got the main characters, Damon, Elena and Stefan, and all of their drama, which takes center stage. But there are also the secondary characters and their stories. Most shows have this, but it’s usually background noise that doesn’t fit in with the whole story, but not Vampire Diaries, every separate plot line works and keeps you interested.
Now it’s your turn, we’d love to hear from fellow fans, so what 5 things do you love about The Vampire Diaries?
The sexy season two promo photos: