5 Reasons Why I Love Vampires
Oh vampires, how I love thee, let me count the ways… Ahem! Anyway, total cheesiness aside, today’s post is dedicated to our love for vampires (Valentine’s Day is just a few weeks away). More specifically, why we love vampires. Because lists are always a good time, I thought we’d list off 5 things we love about our creatures of the night. Below is my list of 5, share yours in a comment and let us all see why you love these beings so much.
1. Vampires are multidimensional, they can transcend every genre. Vampires aren’t trapped in one type of genre – they can be horror, sci-fi, romance, fantasy… etc. Go to any section of your local bookstore and you will find at least one vampire novel. And it’s not just books, but video games, art, music, movies, shows and more. I love that there are so many types of vampire stories. It keeps things interesting.
2. There are so many types of vampires. SO many. There are the angsty vampires seeking redemption, sexy vampires, the monstrous and mindless vampires with no sense of right or wrong, there are manipulative aristocratic vamps, and on and on. A vampire can be anyone and anything, which gives writers and viewers countless options.
3. Psychology. I adore psychology and vampires have a lot to offer on that front. Many authors have explored the inner workings of a vampire’s mind and I find that highly fascinating. Take Anne Rice for example, she mastered the dark thoughts of the vampire. Their views on immorality, religion, power, killing and more. It’s all very interesting, and something only a vampire can explore.
4. Folklore! I am madly in love with vampire folklore and history. At times, I find old vampire tales more interesting than modern interpretations. Virtually every country in the world has their own vampire myths, which is just amazing. Bloodsuckers are everywhere, all throughout time. And at certain points in history, people believed 100% that vampires existed. It’s incredible.
5. The pure indescribable magic and mystery of vampires.
That concludes my fangtastic list. Share your list in a comment below!
Moonlight (aka Amanda) loves to write about, read about and learn about everything pertaining to vampires. You will most likely find her huddled over a book of vampire folklore with coffee in hand. Touch her coffee and she may bite you (and not in the fun way).