real vampires, vampire games and tv shows, movies or films, and vampire books

132

Becoming a Vampire

There are three main ways to become a vampire; by birth, by bite, and by death. The second is explanation enough in and of itself. A vampire bites and feeds from a male or female, and whether it is the result of recurring feeding or one incident of feeding that led to death, he or she then becomes on of the undead. According to folklore from different cultures across the globe, there are numerous signs that a child is born a vampire, or that a corpse has become one after death. There are signs that one might give that they have been bitten and are turning into a vampire, such as shying away from religious talk, or items, lessening hygiene and foul breath, have newly begun to sleepwalk, as well as anemic tendencies.

Some of the causes for vampirism in a child are being born on certain holy days, new moons, or seasonal equinox, or being conceived on those days, born with a red caul on their head, too much hair, an extra nipple, two hearts. The habits of the child may also indicate vampirism, such as if it was weaned too soon, or if the baby continues nursing even after it has been weaned. Dying before baptism as a baby is another possible way to turn into a vampire infant. There’s also being born the seventh son of a seventh son; but this can also be taken as a good omen as well. Some reasons fall on the mother; if she stared at a vampire, or did not eat enough salt while she was pregnant, her child might be born a vampire. Other reasons are curses, either after the baby has been born, or while still in the womb.

One can also become a vampire if certain customs are not observed after death. In some areas of Romania it is believed that burying a corpse face up will result in vampirism, while others remain steadfast that the only way is to die as a vampire’s victim. Improper burial ceremonies, no burial, as well as shadows falling across a corpse, the wind from the Russian Steppe blowing over a corpse, even having a cat, dog, or other animal jump over the corpse has been believed to be a certain cause of vampirism. Some believe it is the way the person dies that makes the vengeful spirit of the vampire linger, such as those were died violently, with murders that went unavenged, or even death by drowning. In other cultures, the actions of others dictate the vampire change in a corpse; some believe that stealing the ropes used to bury a corpse will cause the dead to rise, while others believe that if the corpse has a sleepwalking brother, it will come back as a vampire.

aenemicbad breathburialcorpsenew moonred caulromaniasaltseventh sonsleepwalksolsticethird nippleundead

Veritas • June 12, 2009

Previous Post

Next Post

Comments

1. jenna June 16, 2009 - 5:55 pm Reply

I don’t like the new website set up. I like the old one beder.

2. Yuuki June 17, 2009 - 6:53 am Reply

I love Vampires and I love that story that some one made.

3. fullmoon June 21, 2009 - 5:32 pm Reply

I also prefer the old one. Where are all of our previous comments?

Any vampires from New Zealand out there?

4. truebeliever626 June 22, 2009 - 9:01 pm Reply

hey FULLMOON , well i dont know why they changed it but i guess chsnge is good dont you think?

5. sheesoy June 24, 2009 - 9:22 pm Reply

well tell me somthing i dont know >.>
    the question is how do i find a vampire willing to turn me and not slaughter me D:
    or not to shrug me away as another vampire wanabe T.T lol :)
    oh wellz i guess if i do i do and if i dont well…then im doomed to the life of a mortal human :P XD hahaz :D
    sides werewolves are furry :) they like
    over grown dogs :D
    XD that would be fun :)

• john September 22, 2009 - 2:23 am Reply

i know all vampires are true
      and i want to become a vampire
      can you help me to become a vampire? i’m not joking!

• Kevin Michael Winn November 17, 2009 - 11:02 pm Reply

well, i live in salem new hampshure and i kinda almost got killed by a pack of them! I’m dead serious! um ya i know to of them from online but not there real names. but i’ll tell you . wizard101.com one name is fallon death grove. the other is fallon death something. 2 things incomen they both know one another from there pack of ten and they both have “DEATH” in there name. well when you get a chance email me back.

• Kevin Michael Winn November 18, 2009 - 10:40 am Reply

Hey Pain, are you a real vampire?

• ash.night April 24, 2010 - 2:41 pm Reply

hey kevin winn, i believe you, tell me more, please write back.

-ash night

• Monterlangleo April 19, 2010 - 3:15 pm Reply

yes i can

write back soon

• ash.night April 24, 2010 - 2:33 pm Reply

That is kind of like me, I was born to become a vampire. I want to know more about u.
        You sound like your an interesting guy. write back!! LOL

6. pain June 25, 2009 - 12:42 pm Reply

do you all really belive in vampires? b/c i know for a fact that they are real, tell me if you want more info.

• VampiresFTW December 13, 2009 - 5:32 pm Reply

I really want more info on vampires! They seem so mysterious and amazing. BTW, are you one? I’ve been looking for one to talk to.

• Monterlangleo April 19, 2010 - 3:19 pm Reply

helo my freind arnt we all just food or as i say to evry god damb twat on this planit that we, you, i are just bags of blood.
      (has any one got spare blood im hungry)

write soon to see what i mean

from Mr sinister

• ash.night April 24, 2010 - 2:43 pm Reply

i want some info

7. leslie June 26, 2009 - 8:00 pm Reply

I think tha is so cool about vanpires.I love vampires I wish i was a cute girl vampire.!!!!!

8. truebeliever626 June 29, 2009 - 7:29 pm Reply

I KNOW THAT VAMPIRES EXIST I JUST NEED TO AT LEAST SEE ONE… EVEN IF THEY DO NOT TURN ME……I NEED TO SEE THAT I AM NOT WASTING MY TIME BELIEVING IN FAIRY TALE BULLSHIT AFTER ALL THIS TIME OF RESEARCH.

• VampiresFTW December 13, 2009 - 5:34 pm Reply

I SECOND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!!! I WOULD LOVE TO ATLEAST SEE ONE.

9. fullmoon June 30, 2009 - 12:07 am Reply

Hey truebeliever626. I guess you are right, change is good.

I just wish that we could meet some vamps. Where are you from?

10. fullmoon June 30, 2009 - 12:08 am Reply

Pain are you a vampire? Where does your knowledge come from?

11. truebeliever626 June 30, 2009 - 9:42 pm Reply

hi my name is lezet and i am from texas.. i do remember you from when before this site was changed i think…

12. fullmoon June 30, 2009 - 10:34 pm Reply

Yes it was me. I have your email address still. Will email you soon.

13. tryphena July 3, 2009 - 2:55 pm Reply

To pain: How do you know they are real?

14. Tessara July 4, 2009 - 8:32 pm Reply

Pain – I am interested in knowing more about vampires being real. How do I get in touch with you?

15. Roxy July 8, 2009 - 4:01 am Reply

LOL If there would be vampires, We had know of it! Vampires are not true! And if there is any a Vampire I believe it still one vampire is standing in front of me!

16. Roxy July 8, 2009 - 4:04 am Reply

I don’t believe in vampires. I want to, but I still believe in facts. If there live vampires, I would believe it if one is standing right in front it and I can see it with my own eyes, if not i dont believe.

17. cajunman July 8, 2009 - 4:02 pm Reply

Are there any known vampires in Alaska. Please let me know.

18. deatherage July 10, 2009 - 9:29 am Reply

pain – how do you know vampires are real? b/c I’ve always had that belief in the back of my mind, but I haven’t had any real proof. How can I get in touch with you? I’d like to know what you do.

19. Vampress6/6/6 July 13, 2009 - 1:20 am Reply

Hello fellow vampire believers. I just have to say that if you believe in the bible, then you should believe in vampires. Vampires existed since Adam and Eve.
    I bet you didn’t know this: Adam’s first wife is name Lilith and she became the mother of demons and Satan’s wife. She also is a vampire, so the bible says, which is where most myths of vampires come from. Plus, Judas was thought to have turned into a vampire when he comitted suicide, but it’a a pretty vague explanation and theory for his vamprism. If you want to know more, you can google about it on the net.

Cynthia.

• VampiresFTW December 13, 2009 - 5:38 pm Reply

I have never heard anything about Adam’s first wife before!!! That’s very interesting!

20. Rolfmoa July 13, 2009 - 1:28 am Reply

hey, um i no this i stupid, but would a vampire be attracted to the blood of… ur period? just wondering coz it b kinda sik if it was so.

• VampiresFTW December 13, 2009 - 5:39 pm Reply

Why would it be so? My stomache just started hurting at that comment. It would be TOO sick if I’m wrong….

21. Enya July 13, 2009 - 1:15 pm Reply

um vampiress 6/6/6

none of that is facts.. lilith is the name they gave the could be mistranslated part in the bible when it says “god made man and women” then it goes and later says that god made eve out of adam’s rib. it can be translated 2 different ways. first with lilith where god made man and women then went back and made a second. 2nd that the bible backtracks and retells the story in detail.

it also doesn’t say anything in the bible about anyone being a vampire.

and on top of all that no the myths of vampires did not start for from the bible. if you did research on it then you would know that the research as shown that the myths started for decaying bodies. where people would dig up graves to find that the bodies where pale and swollen, with reddish liquid running from the nose and mouth. the liquid was though to be the blood from their last victim and they where swollen b/c they where full of blood. but the truth of that was that most bodies swell up when a person dies.. and the reddish liquid was the acids in the stomach decomposing and where pushed up and out of the body through the nose and mouth. and the some of this research says this started around the time of the black pleag where alot of people where dieing and they often had to dig up graves to put more people in them b/c they where running out of room to put bodies.

also you need to look into they myths of vampires around the itme of adam and eve as many of those myths are quite different from the one you told…

anyways… do a little more research…

22. Darkness July 15, 2009 - 6:54 pm Reply

Vampires are so real

• Kevin Michael Winn November 17, 2009 - 11:14 pm Reply

hey all you believers! i know a lot about damn vampires. ok what i know for a fact is … they have no mirror image, if you get changed onto one your imortal. thats all i’m giving out of of my knolage. cause the other packs might start to hunt me down then kill me.

• VampiresFTW December 13, 2009 - 5:45 pm Reply

Dear Kevin Micheal Winn,

I am a strong believer of vampires and would love to hear more about them. Wait, when you say “cause the other packs might start to hunt me down and kill me.” does that mean you’re a vampire? IF ANYONE IS A VAMPIRE OUT THERE, PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!

• true vamp believer June 18, 2010 - 2:22 am Reply

omg. hey. im new here on this site. and i wanna meet a vampire. i also wanna know all about them. do you have any info? i wanna get to know everyone!!!

23. Heimlich August 4, 2009 - 12:57 pm Reply

It’s sad to see how much most of you want to believe in something that has been misunderstood since it was invented by some severely disturbed individual many many years ago. The word escapism comes to mind. Find real hobbies, people.

Oh, if there are any pretty girls out there that want to be bitten, mail me. Preferably under 26 years old. Darkish hair is a bonus.

• VampiresFTW December 13, 2009 - 6:03 pm Reply

You must be a vampire. I would like to be one but 1, I don’t have darkish hair 2, I’m not that pretty. I am under 26 though….

• true vamp believer June 18, 2010 - 2:24 am Reply

hey. i wanna be bitten. i have dark brown hair, i am 18, and i am pretty. what do ya say?

24. fullmoon August 8, 2009 - 2:15 pm Reply

lol Heimlich. You obviously know more than us about vampires. Please enlighten me on how they really are.

25. VampyreFerrahJingle August 23, 2009 - 5:13 pm Reply

hey rolfmoa, i dont think they will be attracted to ur period blood. Ur rite it is sick. I dont think it is even blood. besides if they were attracted they will like leave. I dont think any vampire out there would want to lick or bite a butt from where you have ur shi* comes out of.
    Ha! I wouldnt! :)

Is there a page where they talk about Vampyres?

• VampiresFTW December 13, 2009 - 6:01 pm Reply

A page about vampyres just came out yesterday.

• ash.night April 24, 2010 - 2:56 pm Reply

they don’t talk about vampyres they talk about vampires=good ones r vampires=

26. goth_princess August 23, 2009 - 9:20 pm Reply

to pain,
    i want to kno more imfo.i want to be a vampire so bad

27. taku August 30, 2009 - 6:13 am Reply

I DON’T KNOW IF VAMPS R REAL BUT I THINK THERE REMARCABLE BEINGS

28. QueenIceis September 7, 2009 - 8:50 pm Reply

i would love to be a vampire. to fly and movie like the wind. to have the freedom to do what ever i want. no more pain and no more worry. to live forever and to see the world change.

• VampiresFTW December 13, 2009 - 5:49 pm Reply

I agree with you on that! I would love to watch the world and everyone on it grow, to be free to do whatever, to move like the wind, and to be almost carefree.

29. Crow September 10, 2009 - 2:56 pm Reply

The second method is false.A human becomes a vampire when their thirst for blood and their rage reaches near impossible limits.This then creates a sub-conscious version of themselves.A human can also become a Vampire if they become conscious of their inner demons.As for feeding,any self respecting Vampire wouldn't hunt for human blood,they would take it from a willing donor.We are not at all like human kind has been led to believe we are.

• VampiresFTW December 13, 2009 - 5:51 pm Reply

WE???? (awesome!) you must be one because of how much you know and how you talk about them in general (a.k.a. the “we” part)

• ash.night April 24, 2010 - 3:00 pm Reply

i’m a willing donor,if your willing to take it.

30. fresh mist September 15, 2009 - 12:07 am Reply

seriously. vampires . . . why not? i mean if there is witches why not vampires. i mean, there is a part of me that trys to support the idea. but not likely. has anyone seen a vampire here? no. its hard especially since all these vampire movies and shows are coming out. you want it to be posible, right? but seriously if any of you have INTERESTING facts about vampires . . . those i want to hear. because if they are real or not, who knows. but they are interesting . . . and scarry.

• VampiresFTW December 13, 2009 - 5:52 pm Reply

Btw, I have met a vampire.

• true vamp believer June 18, 2010 - 2:28 am Reply

really? you have met a vampire? when? where? how? tell me everything!!!!

31. vicky October 13, 2009 - 5:29 pm Reply

okie all i want to tell u vampire believers iz that they realy do exist and they arent just like the twilight characters or any other novels some r different and some pretty much the same…….
    and dont believe all that u read some stuff r rly off to how vampires are and how they look like trust me i know they are good at there disguises!and i cant believe that no one so far has seen a vampire WOW!

• VampiresFTW December 13, 2009 - 5:55 pm Reply

Btw, I have mat a vampire. Huh, maybe this is why most of them like to keep it a secret cause some of us mortals just blab to others like I am right now to everyone who reads this comment. (WOW, im not good at keeping this kind of secret but i would be if it was me as the vampire)

• ash.night April 24, 2010 - 3:02 pm Reply

teach me

32. new moon: tem jacob November 28, 2009 - 5:56 pm Reply

yeah i would love to be a vampire i wuold even die for a chance to be one!!!

• mercedez February 9, 2010 - 10:50 pm Reply

your not a vampire jacob im ganna eat you

33. VampiresFTW December 13, 2009 - 5:59 pm Reply

I would LOVE to become a vampire!!!! IF THERE ARE ANY VAMPIRES OUT THERE, PLEASE GET A HOLD OF ME!!! I am a proud believer of vampires (and werewolves). Some people think I am one because of the way I act sometimes. PLEASE, SOME VAMPIRE OUT THERE!!! PLEASE GET A HOLD OF ME (and we can talk, I am very curious about you guys)!!!!!

• vicky December 24, 2009 - 2:41 pm Reply

itz not that easy 2 bite……..the blood iz addicting…….

• VampiresFTW January 1, 2010 - 8:15 pm Reply

Well you can stop like “Edward’s amazing selfcontrol” (said sarcasticly). (Sorry, i wasn’t trying to tease you and another vampire out there.)

• alice February 16, 2010 - 6:01 pm Reply

r u a real vampire? i so want to be one! i LOVE vampires! they are so cool!

• ash.night April 24, 2010 - 3:03 pm Reply

i agree blood is very addicting.

34. Арсений January 14, 2010 - 10:59 pm Reply

Вообще я конечно люблю написать какую-нибудь скабрезную критику, но тут не придраться! :)

35. corbin January 18, 2010 - 10:53 am Reply

this is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36. mercedez February 9, 2010 - 10:46 pm Reply

vampires are asome im a vampire are you i will eat you if you arent a vampire ok love,mercedez

• mercedez February 9, 2010 - 10:48 pm Reply

like your text im a vampire

37. veinskinner March 1, 2010 - 10:56 pm Reply

Come out, come out, where ever you are!

• ash.night April 24, 2010 - 3:05 pm Reply

see you all in DeathValley

38. vicky March 6, 2010 - 8:42 pm Reply

just FWI for vampire believers:there is NOT just one specie of vampires… how can i explain it just like a dog there a poodle,german sheperd,golden retriever,etc.well same for vampires expect vampires r not dogs(obviously i dun look like a dog)So before you start begging 2 be a vampire u should kno all th species tht they r in the world

• true vamp believer June 18, 2010 - 2:33 am Reply

teach me about them.

39. Sukkit Sukhym March 7, 2010 - 12:12 am Reply

Well, I just got one question for you ‘real vampires’ out there.
    Do you guys sleep in coffins?

• James December 14, 2010 - 6:23 pm Reply

I relly shouldn’t be givin info about me but I’ll tell u this us vampires do not sleep in coffins.

40. Damon Iyesterieing April 11, 2010 - 11:24 am Reply

Guys, I know you probably won’t believe me but I think I’ve saw a vampire ask me if you want more info

• kimberly April 11, 2010 - 4:52 pm Reply

i do dont joke around

• Sara B* May 28, 2010 - 5:45 pm Reply

Hey, Damon, I believe you. Its stupid because there’s so many damn liars but I’ve seen stuff too. Stuff that I can’t freakin’ explain. We’re not crazy. What did you see?

• true vamp believer June 18, 2010 - 2:33 am Reply

you really saw a vampire? wow. tell me all about it.

41. kimberly April 11, 2010 - 4:51 pm Reply

people i really want to know if they are real i mean with the whole living forever thing never getting old etc. im not happy my life is worthless i just really want to know if theirs something out there that can help me i want to become a vampire no madder what i mean you guys that commanded up there idk if you joking just to be stupid but im not i really want this i really wanna be one of them :)

• Moonlight April 11, 2010 - 5:24 pm Reply

You said your life is worthless, how would becoming a vampire make it worthwhile? :)

• ash.night April 24, 2010 - 3:09 pm Reply

i would make it worthwhile somehow.

42. ash.night April 24, 2010 - 3:11 pm Reply

i’ve got a question for all you vampire lovers, do you know what it’s like?

43. anonymous May 8, 2010 - 12:33 pm Reply

Why would any sane vampire give away their identity? That’s the whole point in staying in hiding and not telling the world they exist- because they have to stay hidden. So don’t lie and say your a vampire, because if you were you would not annonunce it to everyone.

• Jennifer May 23, 2010 - 4:20 pm Reply

Wow atleast one smart person here what you said is what i am trying to tell people for à very long time^_*

44. vikki May 18, 2010 - 9:14 am Reply

hi I’m a little unsure of this site , are you really all believers and if so what made you all believe; serious , honest answers please.

45. Jennifer May 22, 2010 - 4:28 am Reply

Hey for anyone out there that is by any chance reading this i only wanted to dat that alot of you people need a spelling lesson because God damn how are we suposed to read youre text whin u spell lyk diz u KNO wut i men ? I mean seriously and if youre excuse is this: i am only 12 so yeah… Well i am 12 and my birthday was on 3 may so i just turned 12 and also i am from belgium i learned the lanuage english all by mysellf and du yu see meh spel lyk this al THE time? No….also i am quite pissed off at The posers here seriously instead of acting like à vampire and killing animals for blood and drinking it and saying it tastes sweet just to make everyone think you are à vampire when you honestly rather eat youre own vomit Then drinking blood again..youre just pathetic and need to go buy à life on ebay:) vampiers stay hidden and always have… Althou i am not saying all of you are posers i am saying most are… And i already know who are:) go get à life you are not à vampire suck it up and move on…

46. ciara June 17, 2010 - 3:07 pm Reply

go all u vampires u guys rule and are the best ever so come out, come out, wherever you guys are!!!

47. ciara June 19, 2010 - 9:17 pm Reply

If u vamps are out there come and bite me i want to be one so bad cause my life sucks so i want to be one so my life would be so easy!!

• Moonlight June 19, 2010 - 9:44 pm Reply

How would it make your life suddenly easy?

48. ciara June 23, 2010 - 1:26 pm Reply

i dont know i just think it would

49. Audrey July 16, 2010 - 4:20 pm Reply

there are so many of you who want to become a vampire. the pain and suffering is over looked. killing people is that of which demons do. you’d never see the sun again. you would have to watch as all your loved ones died. if god is real i pray for you all. he left me behind, and ill walk alone forever. perhaps ill find someone worthy of being as evil as me and ill snatch them away from the rest of humanity.

50. ciara July 28, 2010 - 4:39 pm Reply

u fell that bad wow but i still wont change my mind i would like to be one really bad

1 2