The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 has been listed as one of the worst movies of 2012. Harsh, right? But the film landed an awful 11 Golden Raspberry Awards nominations earlier this week, leading all flicks in the annual roundup of the year’s worst films. I guess the love of Twi-hards couldn’t save this movie from the wrath of the Razzies.
- Worst Film
- Worst Director (Bill Condon)
- Worst Actor (Robert Pattinson)
- Worst Actress (Kristen Stewart)
- Worst Supporting Actress (Ashley Greene)
- Worst Supporting Actor (Taylor Lautner)
- Worst Screen Ensemble
- Worst Screenplay
- Worst Remake, Rip-Off, or Sequel
- Worst Screen Couple (Mackenzie Foy and Taylor Lautner AND Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart)
Yup, 11 Razzie nominations. Not good. Breaking Dawn Part 2 dominated the nominations this year, it even beat out Adam Sandler’s That’s My Boy (which got 8 noms).
Razzies will be handed out February 23, the day before this year’s Academy Awards.
What do you think about Breaking Dawn Part 2 being nominated for so many Razzies? Was it really that bad? What 2012 films truly deserve that many noms? I haven’t seen Breaking Dawn 1 or 2, so I can’t say how I feel about the nominations (although, I HATED the book, so I don’t imagine the movies are better).
Share your thoughts below on Breaking Dawn Part 2’s Raspberry Award nominations.