More Castlevania news! You’ve got the glorious E3 to thank for that. While there were no big vampire games announced at E3 this year (except for BloodRayne: Betrayal… lame) there was some news involving Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. Harmony of Despair was released last year for Xbox Live Arcade and now it’s on its way to PS3. Yeah, that was the big Castlevania news at E3, that the game will be released on Playstation Network near the end of summer. Not huge news, well, not unless you’re a PS3 playin’ Castlevania fan.
If you just so happen to be one of those 360 hating PS3 loving fans, or you just haven’t heard of the game, then here’s a bit of info on Castlevania: Harmony of Despair.
(The info below is referring to the XBOX version of the game)
According to the Konami website:
Dracula returns in Castlevania Harmony of Despair, the first exclusive Xbox Live Arcade Castlevania game. Featuring the classic fast paced 2D, side scrolling action the series is known for, fan favorite vampire hunters from across the series will join forces to return Dracula, the Lord of Darkness, to his eternal slumber.
Designed by the legendary producer of the Castlevania series, Koji Igarashi, Castlevania Harmony of Despair allows up to 6 friends to play together via online co-op story mode or see who the best vampire hunter is in Survival Mode, which challenges players to fend off their friends while fighting for their very survival. Utilize your co-op skills to explore the levels with your friends in order to find hidden locations with special items and equipment or team up in battle to let loose destructive attacks on the hordes of attacking creatures.
With a plan for continued game content delivered through downloadable add-ons, players will be able to experience new levels with new characters as they extend the experience of the latest Castlevania downloadable game.
- 6 Player Online Co-Op – Explore and fight Dracula with up to 6 friends online or engage in Survival Mode and see who the last warrior standing is
- Combo Attack System – Unleash devastating attacks by working with your partners to vanquish your foes
- Play Through Classic Castlevania Worlds – Fight the forces of darkness through massive levels inspired by the worlds of Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia
- Ghost mode – Share your adventure with friends by uploaded ghost data
- Classic 2D Gaming – The fast paced side scrolling action and detailed 2D art push the classic Castlevania formula into the HD era
- DLC Support – More character and levels will be created following the release of the game to continually challenge players in new fun ways
Any of you PS3 gamers planning on playing Castlevania: Harmony of Despair when it comes out later this summer?