I’ve got some bad news for the Castlevania fans. The release for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate has been pushed back. The highly awaited 3DS game was originally set to come out this fall, but not it has been pushed back to some time in 2013. Lame!
“Konami’s resurrection of the Castlevania series continues, as the breath-taking Castlevania: Lords of Shadows series heads to Nintendo 3DS in 2013 with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate. Developed by Mercury Steam and acting as a prequel to the forthcoming Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, the Nintendo 3DS game follows Trevor and Simon Belmont as they enter the shadow-laden castle of series villain, Dracula.”
There are no details on why the release date has been changed, but the sad fact is that it has been. I’m guessing they are simply working on perfecting the game, which is usually the case with delays.
Check out the game details and trailer below:
Trevor Belmont, a knight of the Brotherhood of Light sets out to avenge the death of his mother, at the hands of his own father, who has now returned from years of exile to take up residence in a mysterious castle. What was once Gabriel Belmont now stands a powerful vampire called Dracula. Dracula has declared war upon the Brotherhood and thus the scene is set for a cataclysmic showdown between Father and Son!
- Discover the history of your bloodline – Play as multiple characters throughout history, as you battle your ancestor Dracula, each time learning more about your history and why the Belmont clan must atone for the sins of their forebear. Dare you tempt fate?
- Choose your character – Multiple characters to enjoy, each with unique abilities and skills across different eras. Take control of the legendary Trevor and Simon Belmont and more, as you battle Dracula and his evil minions.
- Share new abilities through your lineage – Pass onto your descendants your newfound abilities in each era and discover the true destiny of the Belmont’s. Featuring a huge array of combo’s and a deep strategic combat system, this Castlevania is an exciting action game with tons of depth.
- Battle massive bosses – Experience titan fights in full 3D, climb, traverse and overcome huge bosses. Use your secondary weapons and magical abilities to take down these awesome foes.
- Features unrivaled Nintendo 3DS Visuals – Experience super high resolution and detailed 3D polygon graphics with side scrolling areas and full 3D sections combined.
- Utilize Focus & Magic – Use magic to turn the tide of battle! Kill enemies to gain experience and buy new combos and abilities using your travel book. Play well and you will be rewarded.
Here’s the trailer:
Anyone planning on picking up Mirror of Fate? How do you feel about it being delayed?