Frogwares is the developer behind a few well-known adventure computer games, like the Sherlock Holmes series and of course, Dracula: Origins. They haven’t updated their official website in a few months, but their Facebook page has been regularly posting updates and screenshots from upcoming games. One screenshot is of a previously unannounced sequel to Dracula: Origin.
It looks nice and all, but it would have been better if the developers had actually posted some solid information on the game. But we’ve got nothing – no release date, no storyline, no information of any kind. Lame.
What I can give you is info on Dracula: Origin. If you haven’t played it, here are the details on the adventure game, maybe it will give you a bit of insight on the sequel.
“Young, charming and devout, Dracula was once an ardent defender of Christendom but lost his faith in God when he is abandoned by his one true love after she marries. Count Dracula then makes a pact with the Prince of Darkness, and becomes a vampire with an insatiable thirst for blood and vengeance, cursed to eternal damnation.
In the game, you play the role of Professor Van Helsing, the celebrated vampire hunter, on the hunt for Dracula, while Dracula himself is on a quest for a mysterious manuscript which will give him the power to raise the dead.
* An unrelenting pursuit of one of the most terrifying figures from fantasy literature.
* Confrontation between two antithetical heroes: Van Helsing, the restrained scientist and spiritual hero, and the young and high-spirited Dracula, whose inhumanity matches his malevolence.
* Superb graphics, combining 2D environments and 3D characters.
* A deep storyline, focusing on Van Helsing’s quest to kill the king of all vampires, and Dracula’s quest to find the manuscript to raise the dead.
* Interact with over 40 characters. Combine and use over 150 objects associated with the vampire-themed storyline (stake, statue, garlic, mirror, etc.).
* A romantic, bloody and violent Gothic ambiance which is true to the original world created by Bram Stoker, providing total immersion into the adventure.
* A progressive Help System leads players to the solution with increasingly accurate hints.”