The tabletop RPG Vampire: The Masquerade came out back in 1991 and triggered an unexpected worldwide phenomenon – novels, TCG’s, LARPs, video games, and even a TV show. But it was the RPG that really won the hearts of gamers and geeks, which is why White Wolf is doing something special for the 20th Anniversary of Vampire: The Masquerade – thanks to their devoted fanbase they’re creating an amazing Anniversary book!
According to their website, this book is for “all of the White Wolf fans who have lived, loved, and taken the long road with us for the past two decades. For the diehards who never gave up, never stopped believing and kept the World of Darkness alive. This is for all the saints, sinners, miscreants, punks, poets and outcasts who have been with us all this time. This is their original Masquerade in all its glory, and our way of saying thank you and welcome home.”
The 400-page book will contain:
- All thirteen original clans, clan variants and bloodlines, with their signature Disciplines
- Rules for character creation and advancement from Neonate to Methuselah
- All the Disciplines from level one through nine
- Updated setting to the modern nights
- New full color original art by Tim Bradstreet & other classic “Masquerade” artists
- An “open community play test” development process
This incredible book is available to attendees at The Grand Masquerade 20th Anniversary Convention, September 15-18 in New Orleans, Louisiana. For more information on the Grand Masquerade check out TheGrandMasquerade.com.
I am seriously jealous of those that get to attend The Grand Masgquerade! While I never played the RPG, I have spent countless hours reading the books and falling in love with the stories, characters and the gorgeous artwork.
In celebration of the 20th Anniversary I ask all of the Vampire: The Masquerade fans what it is that you love about the RPG? What sets it apart from all of the hundreds of others?