The Vampire Diaries Soundtrack
One of the many things I love about The Vampire Diaries is the music the show features. I have to give major props to the person responsible for choosing the music, because every song fits each scene perfectly. Lucky for us music fans, we can now buy The Vampire Diaries soundtrack! It came out this week and it has an excellent collection of powerful and emotional songs straight from the show.
Check out the playlist:
1. Michael Suby: Stephan’s Theme
2. Placebo: Running Up That Hill
3. Silversun Pickups: Currency Of Love
4. Howls: Hammock
5. Bat For Lashes: Sleep Alone (909s in DarkTimes Mix)
6. Stateless: Bloodstream (Vampire Diaries Remix) (2010 Digital Remaster)
7. Goldfrapp: We Radiate
8. Sky Ferreira: Obsession
9. Digital Daggers: Head Over Heels
10. Jason Walker: Down
11. Mads Langer: Beauty Of The Dark (2010 Digital Remaster)
12. Plumb: Cut
13. Sounds Under Radio/Alison Sudol: All You Wanted
14. Smashing Pumpkins: The Fellowship
15. Gorillaz: On Melancholy Hill (Feed Me Remix)
16. Michael Suby: 1864
You can listen to a snippet of each song on the Amazon page here.
This obviously isn’t a complete list of songs played on the show, but it’s all that they put on the CD. If you’re like me and are curious about all of the music featured on The Vampire Diaries, there is a Facebook page dedicated to posting every song played during every episode (click the “Notes” section). It is conveniently organized by episode, so if there was one song you absolutely loved in a particular episode you can go right to that page and find it.
So, which of the songs on the soundtrack is your favorite? Are there any songs featured in the show that you wish would have been put on the soundtrack? Personally, my favorite song on the soundtrack is Cut by Plumb.
Moonlight (aka Amanda) loves to write about, read about and learn about everything pertaining to vampires. You will most likely find her huddled over a book of vampire folklore with coffee in hand. Touch her coffee and she may bite you (and not in the fun way).