The conference is a celebration of scholarship devoted to that marvelous novel DRACULA and any and all things relating to it, overseen by scholar Hans de Roos.
GOLDEN BAT AWARDS:
1. The Golden Bat Award for the Most Original Research: Roberto Cavalcante Rodrigues (Brazil), for “Blood & Couture: Dracula by Eiko Ishioka.”
2. The Golden Bat Award for the Best Visual Presentation: Enrique A. Palafox (Mexico), for “The Transmedia of Dracula.”
3. The Golden Bat Award for the Best Gothic Costume: Magdalena Grabias (Poland), with her Steampunk Costume.
4. The Golden Bat Award for the Best Baby Bat Contribution: Charlize Ayessa Marichu de Roos (Philippines), for “Born to be Bat.”
5. The Golden Bat Award for the Best Educational Documentary: Hans Corneel de Roos (Philippines), for “Philippine Vampires and Other Mythical Creatures.”
SILVER BAT AWARDS:
1) The Silver Bat Award for the Best Reference to a Vampire Character: Nina Trzaska (Poland)
2) The Silver Bat Award for the Best Classic Gothic Costume: Sharon Spendley (UK)
3) The Silver Bat Award for the Best Vampiric Make-up – Katerina Garcia Walsh (Madrid, Spain)
FURTHER AWARDS (Special Mentions):
Alucard Trophy for the Most Successful Debut: Connor Long-Johnson (UK).
Midnight Clock Award for Night Attendance of the COTN – Sean Rourke (California) and Miguel Munoz (Mexico).
The Carmilla Award for the Sexiest Female Presenter Voice: Victoria Amador (Minneapolis).
The Varney Award for the Sexiest Male Presenter Voice: Matt Croft (UK).
The Batman Award for Consistent Upside-Down Appearance: Timothy Kline (Texas) (if we are not mistaken…)
The Mystery Man Award for Anonymous Participation: Antonio Sanna (Italy)
The Blair Witch Project Award for Mobile Participation: Florin Nechita (Romania) Congrats to all the winners!