The second episode of The Vampire Diaries Season 4, titled “Memorial,” just aired, and in true VD fashion, it was packed full of drama. Just how we like it. Like any episode, there were some high points and of course, some low ones. Below are my thoughts on this episode, as well as the promo to the next episode. Check it out and make sure to share your own thoughts on “Memorial!”
“Elena struggles to cope with the emotional swings as she becomes a vampire, and Stefan and Damon nearly come to blows while arguing about what is best for her. Damon comes up with his own plan to help Elena asks her to to reveal the plan to Stefan. A stranger, Connor Jordan, shows up in Mystic Falls and starts asking questions of Sheriff Forbes and Mayor Lockwood, and Stefan quickly decides that Connor must be a vampire hunter. Jeremy and Matt are surprised when April, a girl from their past, returns to town and enrolls at Mystic Falls High. At a town gathering, Elena nearly loses control, but Caroline steps in and comes to her rescue. Finally, Damon reveals his true feelings to an unexpected friend.”
I actually loved this episode! There were only a few very minor things I didn’t like (the constant vomiting for example). I loved the new and talented hunter in town. Even though I don’t want anyone I like dying, I admit I am into Connor. I am also curious about his tattoos and Jeremy. I look forward to seeing more on that.
Here’s a list of some of my likes and dislikes throughout this episode:
- Hot new guy – Connor Jordan! He may be a big bad hunter, but he’s nice to look at.
- Damon smiling after walking in the church and doing the whole holy water thing.
- The hunter’s trap in the church. I don’t want anymore vamps dying, but he is a clever man, and I got to give him some love for it.
- Tyler risking himself for others.
- Elena ruining sexy times with Stefan by throwing up. Way to kill the mood!
- Pouring a glass of booze every 5 minutes. There’s too much focus on drinking. Those scenes could be better used for the actual storyline.
- The lanterns. They were a bit cheesy. I was with Damon on that.
Check out the promo for next week’s episode “The Rager:”