Thoughts on True Blood’s ‘Sunset’
True Blood’s “Sunset,” episode 11 of Season 5, just aired and it was one big episode! Setting us up for the season finale, this episode was filled to the brim with crazy vampires, pissed off shifters, gorgeous faeries and much more. Check out my thoughts on this episode and share yours in a comment below!
“To help Sookie look into an ancient family secret, Maurella and Claude take her to meet the faerie elder. Jessica becomes an unwilling participant in Bill’s ongoing religious conversion. The military uses a damning video of Russell and Steve Newlin as ammunition to deliver an ultimatum to the Authority. Alcide reconnects with his father. Sam and Luna hitch a ride into the Authority.”
Overall, I thought this was a fantastic episode. For the first time in a long time I was pleased with True Blood. I loved that there was no pointless filler and that the story actually moved forward. I can’t wait for the season finale next week, hopefully it’s a good episode too.
Here is a list of some of the things I liked in this episode and some of the things I didn’t like:
- Nora finally seeing the light and her and Eric “teaming” up again.
- Jason isn’t a vampire! Jessica and him tricked Bill’s lame guards.
- Nora and Eric escaping. YAY!
- Alcide’s abs.
- Sookie, Jason and the fae standing up for themselves.
- Jessica and Tara bonding again.
- Seeing Lilith’s bloody bush again. Blegh! It’s gross!
- Bill’s crazy religious attitude and him not letting Jessica warn Jason and Sookie.
- The threat of faery war because of the deal Andy made.
- Jason possibly dying.
- Russell seeing all of the faeries.
What did you think of the episode?
Moonlight (aka Amanda) loves to write about, read about and learn about everything pertaining to vampires. You will most likely find her huddled over a book of vampire folklore with coffee in hand. Touch her coffee and she may bite you (and not in the fun way).