The sixth season of True Blood has kicked off! Kristin Bauer van Straten, better known as Pam, just announced that the show’s sixth season is officially in the works.
Season 6 is now filming, which means it won’t be too long before we’ve got ourselves brand new episodes to get lost in. It’s only a few months, right?
With filming and production in the works, spoilers are slowly leaking out. Here’s what we got on Season 6 so far…
- The season premiere is titled “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood.” And Stephen Moyer (aka Bill Compton) is pulling double-duty, starring in and directing the episode.
- The episode is written by Raelle Tucker, a veteran True Blood writer who penned the Season 1 finale, among many other episodes.
- Alan Ball is no longer the True Blood showrunner, his place was taken over by Mark Hudis.
- Season 6 will only be 10 episodes long instead of the usual 12 due to financial reasons.
- Golden Globe-winning actor Rutger Hauer has been signed on to play Macklyn, someone who has a deep and dark connection to Sookie and Jason.
- English actor Rob Kazinsky has been signed on as a series regular to play Ben, a highly charismatic faerie who takes a liking to Sookie. Ben will be helping Sookie and Jason delve deeper into the mystery of their parents’ murders. However, in spite of his charm Ben is an extremely dangerous individual, with a dark, violent flavor to his personality.
So far that’s all the dish we have on Season 6, but once there’s more you best believe we’ll be sharing it.
Who is excited about Season 6?