True Blood Sneak Peek Revealed at Comic-Con
Once again the awesomeness that is Comic-con has brought us more fangtastic news! The cast and producers of True Blood recently held their panel at the convention and all sorts of goodies were revealed, including a trailer of what’s to come this season. Check it out:
SO excited! That trailer was packed full of awesome, and a whole lot of sad from the looks of it. The trailer wasn’t the only thing revealed at the True Blood panel, they also shared a bit on what’s to come this season and next. “They” being Kristen Bauer van Straten (Pam), Alexander Skarsgard (Eric), Kevin Alejandro (Jesus), Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette), Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica), Ryan Kwanten (Jason), Rutina Wesley (Tara), Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton), Anna Paquin (Sookie) and Executive Producer Alan Ball. Here are a few panel highlights:
- Fans love the relationship between Pam and Eric and according to panel we’ll finally learn about what brought them together and we’ll see when Eric turns her, but not until season 5.
- Executive Producer Alan Ball doesn’t know when the show will end but he did say that it won’t be anytime soon. ”As we get further down the road, it will become less and less about this season is based on this book or that season is based on that book. But the show has a tremendous amount of life. I hope to get to the point where it becomes a problem for us in the writers room to explain why the vampires seem to be aging.”
- Dead Claudine might come back? Ball teased that fairies are born in litters and are often identical, so we may be seeing the actress again.
- When talking about season 5, Ball said he and the writers are currently researching different types of supernatural characters that have yet to be seen on the show.
- It looks like Tara and her girlfriend may not be in for the long haul. Ball also teased that we haven’t seen the end of Tara and Sam.
- Alexander Skarsgard joked that one of the bigger mysteries of the season is how Eric showed up shirtless and wearing a dorky pair of shorts after losing his memory. According to Ball, “If you take apart the Latin spell that was cast on Eric, part of it says, `by the way, you will lose your shirt and you’ll find yourself in a really dorky outfit for several episodes in a row and still be insanely hot.” Haha.
- When discussing the current season Ball admitted that, “There will be a moment in the show where Sookie and Eric are together in a shower. It may not exactly be what happens in the books. It may be weirder and dirtier.”
- A fan of the novels asked if the strip club Hooligans would be making an appearance in the show. “There will be a business venture that involves people of both sexes taking their clothes off for paying audiences,” Ball said. “And it will have a completely other twisted supernatural purpose in Season 5.”
I have to admit, True Blood’s panel has been one of the best so far. They were hush hush like every other show, but they still shared a lot of great info.What do you think of the season trailer and all of the goodies revealed at panel?
Moonlight (aka Amanda) loves to write about, read about and learn about everything pertaining to vampires. You will most likely find her huddled over a book of vampire folklore with coffee in hand. Touch her coffee and she may bite you (and not in the fun way).