Another big intense episode of True Blood has come and gone. The eighth episode of Season 5, titled “Somebody That I Used to Know,” was packed full of blood, tears and much more. It was drama-filled episode for sure.
“At Authority headquarters, the Chancellors revel in the afterglow of recent events; Eric gets a message from Godric; Bill is shaken by a distant memory. Helped by Claude and his sisters, Sookie and Jason visit the site of their parents’ deaths, with shocking results. An emotional Luna tries to walk in Sam’s shoes. Hoyt’s new pals bring him a present; Lafayette leads a séance to purge a curse; J.D. ups the stakes of his fight with Alcide.”
I have mixed feelings on this episode. There were moments I enjoyed and many I hated. I like that some of the random plot lines are moving forward, but I wish some would be axed already. I hate The Authority and their plans to crush mainstreamers. But I am loving the stuff with Sookie and the faeries. The vampire apparition that appeared to Sookie at the very end was awesome and gave off an actual horror vibe. True Blood has never felt like a “horror” show before, but that moment gave it a little bit of that. I am looking forward to more Sookie adventures.
Here are the moments I liked and disliked:
- Sam going into snake form and scaring the hell out of that guy.
- The faeries! They make me smile every time they come on screen. They’re weirdly entertaining and oddly cute.
- Pam’s present to Tara. What a good vampire mama.
- Getting a name for the vampire who killed Sookie’s parents – Warlow.
- Luna going crazy and transforming into Sam, and possibly dying… again.
- The Lilith garbage and all of the Authority bloodlust and craziness. I personally don’t like the way the story is going and I don’t find it even remotely entertaining.
- Jessica being kidnapped and given to Hoyt by his psychotic friends. Called it! I knew it would happen, as I am sure everyone did. That was super predictable and predictable is boring.
- Bill. I am not sure if he’s playing along or what, but I am not liking him right now.
What did you think of the episode?