Another episode of True Blood Season 5 has come and gone. Airing a few days ago was episode 4, We’ll Meet Again, an hour’s worth of tears, bloodshed and ten kinds of drama and crazy.
“Bill and Eric fear for their lives and wonder who else knew about how and where they disposed of Russell Edgington. Pam does her best to be a good maker to Tara but wonders about the relationship to her own maker, Eric. With a traitor still at large, Roman and Salome go on a hunt. Andy and Jason go to an exclusive party with a judge. Terry experiences a flashback while hunting with Patrick for a former comrade. Old friends visit Sam. Lafayette causes problems for Sookie and Alcide breaks the news of Debbie’s death to her parents.”
Once again… I was disappointed. Nothing of importance is happening in any of the stories. I have also come to accept that True Blood no longer does one main plot line, it simply has a dozen side stories. That’s something I am not happy with. It’s hard to get hooked on a show when there is no main focus and nothing big happening.
Moments I liked and disliked:
- Alcide not ratting out Sookie.
- Jessica erasing the Debbie Pelt case from Andy’s mind, which saved Sookie and gave Jason some stress release.
- The sad, but touching, moment between Pam and Eric. It was heartbreaking to see them break their bonds, but it was still a really sweet scene.
- The annoying vampire kid is dead.
- Sookie and Alcide! Hot!
- The relationship between Andy and the mayor, the whole shady business of their partnership. It’s not even remotely interesting. It’s wasted air time.
- The fairy strip club – it was pure ridiculousness.
What did you think of We’ll Meet Again? Are you happy about how Season 5 is going so far?