The Murder of One
This episode was pretty exciting, and it confirmed something I’ve suspected since big bad mommy witch, Esther, came on the scene; she didn’t plan to just kill her children, she wanted to kill all the vampires. Period. Well, actually, they have yet to prove that is what she had in mind, but I bet she knew. They discovered it when Sage and her progeny dropped dead in mid-femme-revenge mode. It’s a good thing they only killed Finn; he was too much of a tight-ass to create too many vampires, but on the other hand, Sage admits that she turned “a lot” to Finn. That could be bad. Here are some of the highlights of this episode:
- Rebekah kidnaps and tortures Damon, bleeding the vervain from his system, –now he has to start from scratch all over again.
- Stefan, Alaric, Elena, Matt, and Caroline all do their parts to hunt down and kill the Original family, –although Elena is a bit grumpy because Rebekah is torturing Damon.
- Finn and Sage are re-united, and Sage is working on convincing him to stick around, but in the hopes that they can kill the Originals, the vampire hunting team kill him.
- Unfortunately, the entire time they’ve been working to destroy the Originals, Klaus has Bonnie undoing the bonding spell, threatening to kill Jeremy and her mother.
- Bonnie has a small emotional breakdown, after undoing the work of another witch and making it possible for the Originals to go on being horrible, –not to mention the mental stress of having everyone she loves mutilated.
- Finn dies, then Sage, and “Troy”, and probably whoever else she turned over the course of a 900 year life.
- Elena sort of admits to being in love with Damon.
- Alaric’s obnoxious, evil alter-ego steals the very last white oak stake, –which is a huge piece in the endgame; Alaric, Evil Alaric anyway, can use it to kill the Originals, i.e., kill all the vampires, but Damon and Stefan need to trade that stake because otherwise, Klaus will kill everyone they know. Klaus is like the U.S., Damon and Stefan are the allied military forces, and Alaric is Iraq and the stake is nuclear weapons. See?
- Considering everything Bonnie has gone through this season, do you think she has potential to go all darkside?
- How the hell are they going to get Evil Alaric to give up the goods?
- So, Elena has almost admitted to having real feelings for Damon, –what the hell is going on there?
- Will Rebekah survive this season, and is she a potential future ally?
- Just where the hell is Tyler, –and is he in danger? I mean, do you think they’ll continue on the path of killing Klaus considering it would kill Tyler in the process?